The AMA Superbike racing is going back to Miller Motorsports Park, with the Tooele, Utah, circuit joining the 2015 MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Racing Series.
MMP had previously hosted AMA Superbike weekends in 2006-2008 and again from 2011-2013. The Utah track also hosted five rounds of the World Superbike Championship from 2008-2012. MotoAmerica will hold a full schedule of races at MMP on June 26-28.
“The racers and teams have nothing but good things to say about Miller Motorsports Park and we’re happy to have them on our schedule for 2015,” says Wayne Rainey, three-time 500cc World Champion and MotoAmerica president. “Miller gives us another round in the western half of the country so it’s good for our fans in places like Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado and, of course, Utah. I hope those fans make the trip to what is truly a top-notch racetrack in a spectacular part of the country.”
The 2015 MotoAmerica calendar now has nine rounds, including three rounds as support races to the MotoGP and WSBK championships.
Updated Provisional 2015 MotoAmerica Schedule
- April 10-12 Circuit of the Americas – Austin, Texas (2 classes, MotoGP support races)
- April 17-19 Road Atlanta – Braselton, Georgia
- May 15-17 Virginia International Raceway (VIR) – Alton, Virginia
- May 29-31 Road America – Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
- June 12-14 Barber Motorsports Park – Birmingham, Alabama
- June 26-28 Miller Motorsports Park – Tooele, Utah
- July 17-19 Laguna Seca – Monterey, California (WSBK Support Race)
- August 7-9 Indianapolis Motor Speedway – Indianapolis, Indiana (2 classes, MotoGP support races)
- Sept. 11-13 New Jersey Motorsports Park – Millville, New Jersey
Miller Motorsports Park Added to 2015 MotoAmerica Schedule appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.Share: